I completed both my bachelor’s and master’s degree at Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, in 2012 and 2014, respectively. As part of my MSc program, I visited Doshisha University in Kyotanabe, Japan, to work on particle size analysis using the electrical sensing zone method. For my Master's thesis project, I worked on the drum coating of healing agent particles for use in self-healing concrete.
I focussed on working in wet granulation in high shear mixers under the supervision of Dr. Rachel Smith. My research mostly focussed on the consolidation and growth by layering of pre-nucleated granules.
- IFPRI AGM, John McIntyre Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK, 2018.
- WCPT8, Orlando World Centre Marriott, Orlando, FL, 2018.
- 8th International Granulation Workshop, Sheffield, UK, 2017.
- AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2016.
- Joint IFPRI Robert Pfeffer Symposium and UK Particle Technology Forum, University of Surrey, UK, 2016.
- 7th World Congress on Particle Technology, Beijing, China, 2014.
- de Koster, S.A.L., Pitt, K., Litster, J.D., Smith, R.M. (2018). High-shear granulation: Experimental investigation and modelling of layered growth. IFPRI AGM, John McIntyre Conference Centre, Edinburgh, UK.
- de Koster, S.A.L., Pitt, K., Litster, J.D., Smith, R.M. (2018). High-shear granulation: An investigation into the kinetics of granule consolidation and layered growth. 8th World Congress on Particle Technology.
- de Koster, S.A.L., Mors, R.M., Nugteren, H.W., Jonkers, H.M., Meesters, G.M.H., Meesters, van Ommen, J.R. (2015). Geopolymer Coating of Bacteria-containing Granules for Use in Self-healing Concrete, Procedia Eng., 102.
- van den Berg, H., Zeeuw, A.J., Dielwart, M.J.A., de Koster, S.A.L., Lawant, S.A.G., Tang, K. (2014). Direct amination of benzene for aniline production. 21st International Congress of Chemical and Process Engineering, CHISA 2014 and 17th Conference on Process Integration, Modelling and Optimisation for Energy Saving and Pollution Reduction, PRES 2014. 3.